Arithmetic operators are used in mathematical expressions much the same way they are used in algebra.
Here’s a list of them:
- Addition (+): Adds the values on either side of the operator.
A = 10, B = 5; A+B = 15
2. Subtractions (-): Subtracts values on either side of the operator.
A-B = 5
3. Multiplication (*): Multiplies values on either side of the operator.
A*B = 50
4. Division (/): Divides the left-hand operand by the right-hand operand.
A/B = 2
5. Modulus (%): Returns the remainder of a division operation.
A%B = 0 //10 / 5 is 2 with a remainder 0
5. Increment (++): Increases the value of the operand by 1
A++ = 11
6. Decrement (–): Decreases the value of the operand by 1
B-- = 4